Sunday, September 27, 2015

More Red Birds, Le Gasp!

It's been a day or two longer than I should've posted, but I fell into another motivation funk. It took me two days chilling outside in a tent, crocheting, to get out of it. Which, compared to my previous funk of about a month and a half, is rather fast. I think this blog really helps with motivation, too. It gives me a reason to keep going, a task to look forward too.

I've completed the first cardinal in my commission. Here's a peek:



The other one will be female, so the colors will be slightly different.

Also, I've only used gouache paint so far on this piece, as opposed to gouache and prismacolor pencils combined (as in the first cardinal painting). I like layering paint for detail just as well, if not more, then the pencils. It gives it a consistent texture.

Anywho, another posting soon, to make up for the lack of one in four days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's coming along beautifully Becka.